Flower SEO : How to Improve Your Google RankingJul 10, 2023
So you have a strong brand identity, clear vision of your offerings and exceptional customer service, but how exactly do you get more eyes on your business?
Growing and expanding your business is something we focus on time and time again within our online membership Flower Class. Just how do we get more people to discover our work, and then how to convert those people into paying customers. When growing a business, we have a number of tools and methods at our disposal. In the digital age, having a strong online presence is crucial for reaching a wider audience and attracting potential customers. This is where search engine optimisation (SEO) comes into play.
In simple terms, this is the process of improving your website to increase its visibility when people search for products or services related to your business in Google and other search engines. The better visibility your pages have in search results, the more likely you are to get seen and attract prospective customers to your flower business.
Google is the biggest search engine out there, and improving your business’s Google ranking can help to increase your visibility and attract even more customers. Let's take a look at six ways in which your flower business can improve its Google ranking:
- Optimise your website for search engines. This includes making sure that the website is well-designed, easy to navigate, and has relevant and high-quality content. This can also include adding keywords to the website’s alt text and page titles, and making sure that images and videos are properly labelled with alt tags. If you use a website builder like Square Space, be sure to check out their tutorials. Most main stream website builders have easy to use settings and tutorials on how to optimise within their site.
- Build high-quality backlinks. Backlinks are links from other websites to yours. The more high-quality backlinks a website has, the higher it will rank on Google. A small business can build backlinks by creating valuable content that other websites would want to link to, or by reaching out to other websites and asking them to link to the business’s website. Think about who would be happy to recommend you and who you would be helpful for.
- Use Google My Business. Setting up a Google My Business profile and keeping it updated can help a business to show up in Google Maps and in the local pack on Google search results. By providing accurate information and responding to customer reviews, your floral business can improve its visibility and attract more customers.
- Optimise for local SEO. Optimising for local SEO can help a small business to show up in local search results. This can include adding the business’s address, phone number, and hours of operation to the website, and making sure that the business is listed in online directories like Yelp and Yellow Pages.
- Use social media. Having a presence on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram can help a small business to increase its visibility and attract more customers. By regularly posting updates and engaging with followers, a small business can also improve its search engine rankings.
- Monitor and track the results. It is important to track and monitor the results of your strategies regularly. This can be done by using tools like Google Analytics, to track the website’s traffic, the keywords that bring traffic, and the conversion rate. This data can be used to identify what’s working and what’s not, and make adjustments accordingly.
So there you have it, six ways in which your flower business can improve its Google ranking and get seen.
If you want to discover even more business strategy as well as support your continued floral design learning, be sure to check out our Flower Class membership.
Until next time,
Team Joseph Massie